Key Stage 4 History
At KS4 we follow the Cambridge IGCSE History course and study the following units:
The 20th Century: International Relations since 1900 with the German Depth Study 1918-1945 (73%)
• What caused the First World War?
• Were the peace treaties of 1919–23 fair?
• To what extent was the League of Nations a success?
• Why had international peace collapsed by 1939?
• Who was to blame for the Cold War?
• How effectively did the USA contain the spread of Communism?
• How secure was the USSR’s control over Eastern Europe, 1948–c.1989?
• Why did events in the Gulf matter, c.1970–2000?
• Was the Weimer Republic doomed from the start?
• Why was Hitler able to dominate Germany by 1934?
• How effectively did the Nazis control Germany between 1933-1945?
• What was it like to live in Nazi Germany?
Coursework: How significant was Dr. Martin Luther King in the US Civil Rights Movement (27%)