Bishop Thomas Grant School is a leading 11-18 Catholic co-educational school situated at the top of Streatham Common. The school provides outstanding pastoral care and encouragement to all students within the setting of a Christian community. Students experience high academic standards in the classroom and are given opportunities to pursue a range of activities and interests outside their lessons. The school offers a wide range of academic and vocational courses across all key stages. It is important for our students to aim high and we have a track record of ensuring that they progress at all levels. Bishop Thomas Grant is a warm and welcoming school with a special atmosphere where people matter.
Staff enjoy free parking within the school and surrounding area. There are good transport links via trains and buses.
The school offers childcare vouchers and a cycle scheme to all staff.
There is a complementary hot drink provided at break times with access to catering services provided by our caterers 'Innovate'.
- The school has an outstanding ethos and environment for learning.
- Departments achieve outstanding results at Key Stages 4 and 5, significantly above national averages.
- We are committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff and place great emphasis on their wellbeing.
- Bishop Thomas Grant is a hugely oversubscribed school (in excess of 1000 Applications for 180 Year 7 places) and enjoys a considerable reputation in the local area for its academic excellence and caring ethos.
- OFSTED REPORT OCTOBER 2014 Bishop Thomas Grant School is an 11-18 Catholic co-educational comprehensive school and was rated outstanding in all areas in October 2014.
- The school provides outstanding pastoral support. This helps all students to remain engaged and motivated to learn. Their exceptionally positive attitude to learning is a major contribution to their achievement.
- Students behave extremely well in and out of the classroom. They feel safe and show high levels of respect for each other, their staff and the school environment.
- Parents have very positive views about how well the school cares for their children and enables them to achieve very highly.
- The Sixth Form is outstanding.
Bishop Thomas Grant School operates rigorous safeguarding procedures. Applications from experienced teachers and NQTs are very welcome. Applicants do not have to be Catholic but should be committed to working within the Catholic ethos of the school.
No current vacancies