Instrument of Government:
BISHOP THOMAS GRANT CATHOLIC SECONDARY SCHOOL
1. The name of the school is Bishop Thomas Grant Catholic Secondary School.
2. The school was founded by and is part of the Catholic Church. The school is to be conducted as a Catholic School in accordance with the canon law and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and in accordance with the Trust Deed of the Archdiocese of Southwark and in particular:
a) Religious education is to be in accordance with the teachings, doctrines, discipline and general and particular norms of the Catholic Church;
b) Religious worship is to be in accordance with the rites, practices, discipline and liturgical norms of the Catholic Church;
And at all times the school is to serve as a witness to the Catholic faith in Our Lord Jesus Christ.
3. The School is a voluntary aided school.
4. The name of the Governing Body is “the Governing Body of Bishop Thomas Grant
Catholic Secondary School”
5. The Governing Body shall consist of:
(a) Two Parent Governors;
(b) The Headteacher (except at any time when the headteacher has given notice that s/he chooses not to be a governor);
(c) One Staff Governor;
(d) One Local Authority Governor
(e) Seven Foundation Governors.
6. The total number of governors shall be twelve.
7. The term of office for Foundation Governors is four years.
8. Foundation Governors are appointed by the Archbishop of Southwark (or any other person exercising Ordinary jurisdiction on his behalf) through the Director of Education of the Archdiocese of Southwark Education Commission.
9. The Archbishop of Southwark (or any other person exercising Ordinary jurisdiction on his behalf) through the Director of Education of the Archdiocese of Southwark Education Commission, may remove foundation governors at any time during their period of office.
10. Date instrument drafted by the governing body: 8 July 2014.
11. Date draft instrument approved by foundation governors: 7 October 2014.
12. Date draft instrument approved by Trustees: 11 November 2014
13. The instrument of government comes into effect on 1 January 2015
14. This instrument was made by order of Lambeth Local Authority on 20 November 2014.
Signed on behalf of the Local Authority
Director, Education, Learning and Skills