Our T Level Hub on the school website is under development and is being designed to give you all the information you need to know about new T Levels qualification and our offer at BTG Sixth Form!
In the meantime, for any further inquiries please contact
Ms Laura Waterman
What are T Levels?
Bishop Thomas Grant Sixth Form is proud to be selected to be a T Levels provider in September 2022. We will be delivering these exciting new qualifications for the first time to our current Year 10 students in 3 subject areas:
T Levels are central to the Government’s technical education reform ambitions – the new qualifications have been developed in collaboration with employers so that the content meets the needs of our industries and prepares students for the world of work. They mark one of the greatest changes in technical education for decades and will be available alongside reformed apprenticeships.
Now - more than ever - it will be vital to ensure that we provide a pipeline of skilled young people that will help our businesses and our economy to recover from the disruption caused by Covid-19. Studying a T Level qualification that combines a rigorous programme of classroom learning with a meaningful industry placement will equip learners with the skills and knowledge they need to get good jobs and thrive in the workplace.
Key points about T Level:
- Two years in duration and consisting of an average of 900 hours per year, they are at least as large as, and in many cases larger than a 3 A level study programme.
- They are level 3 technical study programmes which include a technical qualification
- The technical qualification is made up of:
- core content (the core knowledge and skills relevant to all occupations covered by the T Level)
- an occupational specialism (the knowledge and practical skills to enter employment in a particular occupation)
- Each T Level includes a substantial industry placement (of a minimum 9 weeks duration) with an employer – this is a unique feature of the T Level.
Successful completion of a T Level will provide students with the knowledge and practical skills and behaviours necessary to enter skilled employment in technical occupations, or to support progression to higher education options including higher technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships, degree apprenticeships and technical degrees.
Student and Employer testimonials?
Current news and updates?