Bishop Thomas Grant is an OFSTED Outstanding, 11-18 mixed voluntary-aided, comprehensive high school for Roman Catholic students from 11-18 under the Trusteeship of the Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark. Bishop Thomas Grant School consistently achieves outstanding academic results way above local and national averages in every subject area. Our curriculum equips students with skills for the modern, global world and develops them as independent and critical learners and confident communicators.
At the heart of the school is its distinctive Catholic ethos, which in turn is supported by the excellent relationships which exist between staff and students. Our shared vision for the school supported by the staff, students, parents and governors has created a very strong, caring and cohesive community, with Gospel values permeating all aspects of life.
The school is committed to the continuous improvement of resources and to the development of staff skills through high quality CPD sessions, the wellbeing of staff is also paramount and opportunities and measures are put in place to ensure this.
Why apply for a position at Bishop Thomas Grant?
- Our school has an outstanding ethos and environment for learning
- All departments achieve outstanding results at Key Stages 4 and 5, significantly above national averages
- We are committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff and place great emphasis on their wellbeing, personal development and CPD
- Bishop Thomas Grant is a hugely oversubscribed school (in excess of 1000 Applications for 180 Year 7 places)
- Our school provides outstanding pastoral support. This helps all students to remain engaged and motivated to learn. Their exceptionally positive attitude to learning is a major contribution to their achievement
- Students behave extremely well in and out of the classroom. They feel safe and show high levels of respect for each other, their staff and the school environment
- Parents have very positive views about how well the school cares for their children and enables them to achieve very highly
- Our Sixth Form is outstanding
Bishop Thomas Grant School operates rigorous safeguarding procedures. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check. Applicants do not have to be Catholic but should be committed to working within the Catholic ethos of the school.
Please click here for a copy of BTG Privacy Notice for Staff
Please click here for a copy of Safer Recruitment Policy
There are currently no vacancies
For all Lambeth Education jobs, please visit the Teach Lambeth website